Smaller Default Larger

Dealing with your concern or complaint

  • We will formally acknowledge your concern / complaint within   5 working days and let you know how we intend to deal with it.

  • We will ask you to tell us how you would like us to communicate with you and establish whether you have any particular requirements – for example, if you have a disability.

  • We will deal with your concern in an open and honest way.

  • We will make sure that your dealings with us in the future do not suffer just because you have expressed a concern or made a complaint.  


Normally, we will only be able to look at your concern / complaint if you tell us about them within 6 months; this is because it’s better to look into your concerns while the issues are still fresh in everyone’s mind. 


We may exceptionally be able to look at concerns which are brought to our attention later than this. However, you will have to give us strong reasons why you have not been able to bring it to our attention earlier and we will need to have sufficient information about the issue to allow us to consider it properly. 


In any event, regardless of the circumstances, we will not consider any concerns about matters that took place more than three years ago. 


If you’re expressing a concern on behalf of somebody else, we’ll need their agreement to you acting on their behalf.


What if there is more than one body involved?


If your complaint covers more than one body (e.g. Housing Association and Council re noise nuisance) we will usually work with them to decide who should take a lead in dealing with your concerns. You will then be given the name of the person responsible for communicating with you while we consider your complaint.

If the complaint is about a body working on our behalf (e.g. repair contractors, Scheme Manager) you may wish to raise the matter informally with them first.

However, if you want to express your concern or complaint formally, we will look into these ourselves and respond to you.