Smaller Default Larger

Fact sheets 


Ending your tenancy 

To end your tenancy, there are several things that you must do.  If these things are not done then it may cost you money: 

Give four weeks' written notice.  

You can end your tenancy by giving four weeks’ written notice that ends on a Monday. You can get a form to end your tenancy from Customer Services or simply download the attached form. This form must be signed by you or, if you are a joint tenant, at least one (but preferably both) of you. Even if only one joint tenant signs the form, this will still end the tenancy for both joint tenants. 

Allow our staff to inspect the property.  

During the four-week notice period you must allow our staff to inspect the property. We will tell you about any work that you need to do before you leave. If this work is not carried out, we will do the work and charge you our costs. 

Clear all rubbish and unwanted furniture items from the property.  

When your tenancy ends you must clear the inside and outside of the property of all items, including floor coverings, unless we have agreed that you can leave them. If you leave items in the property without our permission, we will charge you (see the attached EOT form for the current minimum charge). 

Return the keys.  

On the day your tenancy ends you must return all keys to the property to us by 10AM at the latest. If you do not return the keys on time, we will charge you an extra week’s rent for each week, or part week, until they are returned. You should be sure that you get a receipt for the returned keys.


Please leave the property clean and tidy, make sure that gas and electricity meters have been read and supplies have been turned off. Please also make sure that the property is left secure.

Joint tenancies 

If you have a joint tenancy, it means that both you and your partner are tenants of your home and you are both responsible for making sure that the terms of your tenancy agreement are met (even if one of you leaves). 

For any further information or advice please contact us on 01267 232714 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  


Click here for the End of Tenancy Form



In October 2013 the government started to roll out Universal Credit with small pilots held across the country.

Gradually this new benefit will be rolled out nationwide.  


What is Universal Credit?

Universal Credit is a single monthly payment for people in or out of work, which merges together some of the benefits
and tax credits that you might be getting now. 

It replaces the following benefits: 

  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing benefit
  • Income Support (income-based)
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance (income-related)
  • Employment and Support Allowances

Instead, you will get one single monthly payment, paid directly into your bank account. 

Universal Credit is being introduced in stages. Whether you can claim depends on where you live and your personal circumstances. 

You may be able to claim Jobseeker’s Allowance or other benefits if you’re not eligible to claim Universal Credit. 


How you’ll be paid

Universal Credit is paid differently from current benefits. It’ll be paid once a month, usually into your bank, building society or credit union account.

If you live with your partner and you both claim Universal Credit you’ll receive a single payment that covers you both. 


Waiting period

There is 7 day waiting period from when you submit your claim before Universal Credit will start.

This means that the first seven days of your Universal Credit claim will not be paid and you will have to make this up yourself.

You will also have to wait up to six weeks before you get your first payment.


Don’t delay, get ready for Universal Credit today

Pay some extra money towards your rent so you won’t have rent arrears once you switch over to Universal Credit.

If you are struggling financially during the waiting days for Universal Credit to be paid, contact us and other local agencies that can provide support with food bank vouchers, help with utility bills, hardship funds, details of local charities, and signposting for other useful services. 


How Bro Myrddin can help 

If you are affected by any of these changes and are worried about being able to pay your rent please contact us.

Our housing and customer services teams or our financial inclusion officer at Bro Myrddin can help manage your money so you don’t end up losing your home


Further information

Visit the Universal Credit section on the government website 

Money Advice Service